The American Wind Energy Association will offer several free resources in October as part of its annual monthlong safety awareness campaign aimed at helping protect renewable energy workers from on-the-job injuries.
The theme of the 2019 campaign, Take a Hand in Safety: Protect These Tools, focuses on hand safety. AWEA notes that hand injuries can result from pinch points common in wind turbines, including gates, hatches, rotating shafts, tower doors and torque tools
Beginning Oct. 1, AWEA will provide online resources to educate employers and workers about hand safety in the industry. Materials include:
- A PowerPoint presentation for training use
- Two posters on hand safety
- A hand safety work aid and glove matrix
- Hand safety framework and sample policy
- Hand injury profiles from the field